• Rev. Jeremiah Wright delivered three fiery sermons about faith, race and politics at Metropolitan Baptist Church in S.C.
• Wright said Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas worships “some other God” outside of “Allah and Yahweh” (who the “same” he says)
• Obama’s former pastor called Thomas Jefferson “a pedophile”
• He sees “white supremacy” driving “world policy”
• Wright condemned the U.S. military, saying, “fighting for peace is like raping for virginity.”
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright became a household name during the 2008 presidential campaign. The fiery preacher, who was President Barack Obama’s pastor for two decades, has since retired from his position at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois. However, he’s still an active figure in geopolitical and faith movements, as his bizarre commentaries often offend detractors and inspire intense debate.
Last week, Wright spoke at Metropolitan Baptist Church in Charleston, West Virginia, as part of a week-long revival event. His controversial words took aim at Thomas Jefferson, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, the media and plenty of other targets